The Professional Referee Organization today announced that they have renewed their agreement with California-based Match Analysis for the supply of video and statistical data to assess the performance of officials.
The new agreement sees PRO staff and referee assessors continue to use Match Analysis’ state-of-the-art tool suite. Video and data is analyzed in Mambo Studio and Tango Online as part of the process to review and improve the performance of every PRO referee and assistant referee.
K2 Panoramic Video provides a full-pitch view with pan and zoom functionality to ensure every event from every Major League Soccer game played throughout the season can be reviewed. Video clips can be created for close analysis of any controversial decisions made or incidents that may require retrospective action.
“We strive to continuously improve and develop PRO in order to provide world class officials for professional soccer matches in North America,” said PRO General Manager Peter Walton. “The Match Analysis tools and data are critical to our success.
“Our training and techniques have been developed incorporating Match Analysis products. They provide us with invaluable panoramic video and data to assist in the continual development of the quality and performance of our officials.”
Brian Hall, PRO’s Match Officials Development Manager added: “The Match Analysis tools have become an integral component of our process.
“K2 Panoramic Video within Mambo Studio and Tango Online are used by our assessors after every match for a complete review of the officials’ performance and also at our regular training camps for evaluation and highlighting any areas for discussion or improvement.”
“It’s fantastic that Peter and his team at PRO continue to use Match Analysis for their performance improvement program,” said Mark Brunkhart, President of Match Analysis.
“Our success has been built on providing tools that are extremely powerful yet easy to use, and support all areas within a league including officials, players, coaches, management, and the fans.”
Match Analysis Product Portfolio
– Mambo Studio: A state-of-the-art video search and retrieval
– K2 Panoramic Video: A continuous corner-to-corner video of every inch of the field
– K2 TrueView Visualizations: Interactive touch panel visualizations and player tracking directly within the video itself
– Tango Online: Comprehensive online analytical and video library accessible by coaches and players
– Tango ToGo: A direct to mobile communication tool allowing coaches to send clips and comments to players instantly
– Tango Live: Monitor every player, every pass, every touch, all in real time
– Tango Broadcast: Storylines, live data and stats with stunning in-game graphics